An e-newsletter of THE LIVING WAY
Issue #13: 'The Healing Process'
1. Scheduled meetings and events
2. Ministry update from Mary Louise;Town Jaqua, Hallelujah Acres Health Minister
3 Feature article:' The Healing Process'
4. LIVING resources
5. Buying Tips and more
6. LIVING recipe: CauliSlaw
1. Schedule of meetings and upcoming events:
HANDS-ON HEALTH monthly meeting:
GOD'S WAY TO ULTIMATE HEALTH
a video presentation by Rev. George Malkmus
Thursday, December 11
For more information, visit http://www.livway.org/meetings_health
Remember: Our monthly meetings are aired twice daily on
Channel 7, Public Access TV. DVDs are available for a modest
fee by contacting Laura at 207-453-9895 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Ministry update
Another year is coming to a close and hopefully 2008
has proven to be a healthier year for each of you. Making
better choices for ourselves is what life is all about. While
learning to LIVE can be a challenge and often a full time
job, we believe that a life without sickness, pain, and
suffering is worth the personal effort. Thus press on,
valiant soldiers, in your conquest toward ultimate health!
It was good to see many of you at our LIVE FOOD
demonstration last month. An estimated forty attendees
watched with enthusiasm as we prepared live food before
their eyes...raw offerings of 'nog', soup, salad, entree, and
dessert. Response was overwhelming and left-overs
were few. We are encouraged with friendly feedback and
reports that our demo menu is being passed around and
put into action. LIVE FOOD is becoming an increasingly
popular subject here in central Maine and is showing up
as a new mealtime sensation.'Going LIVE' is catching on!
Keep up the good work, all you LIVE FOODers!
As the colder months settle in, those of us at THE LIVING
WAY are waxing creative in the kitchen. While outside the
landscape is going into the deep freeze, inside we have begun
to enjoy our winter stores. We are pulling out our raw soup
stock from the freezer and bringing up our root vegetables. As
time allows, we pour over raw recipe books, experiment with
seasonal foods, start growing sprouts, and explore new ways of making our raw experience more tasty and fun. When all is said
and done, winter is a good time to discover how to be a 'raw survivalist.' Take time to discover how to make your LIVE eating livelier!
As for our garden, I bade farewell to it last month. With mixed
feelings I went out November 28 and picked the last of our kale, broccoli, collards, and parsley. The stalks of these once-bushy
plants now stand like skeletons in the frozen ground. We are yet enjoying the last of these beloved greens. As the ground lies dormant through the colder months, we are putting away our garden supplies and starting to contemplate next year's garden. Winter gardening for us is limited to a couple indoor herb plants, potted Egyptian onions,
and a courageous snap dragon that survived a several frosts. I decided that this brave perennial deserved to winter-over in our
sunny bay window. It is now blessing us with blooms!
In case you are unaware, life is comprised of small wonders that are often overlooked. Take advantage of the winter months by slowing down and simplifying your lifestyle. Rediscover little pleasures that may have escaped you along the way. Relearn the value of life by demanding less and appreciating more. After all, every step in a healthier direction is an investment that last a lifetime. So it is that healing comes as we are able to accept a better quality of life for ourselves. May this month's featured article, The Healing Process, bring you a special touch and encourage you toward ultimate health.
In closing, remember that our annual LIVE FOOD DINNER is coming up in February. Start planning what to bring! This festive potluck is a delicious celebration of healthy eating. Details about the dinner will be forthcoming.
For now, plan on joining us for our health meeting this Thursday as we present George Malkmus' seminar, 'God's Way to Ultimate Health.' This awe- inspiring presentation of the Standard American Diet vs. the live food diet is what convinced us to change our lifestyle over twelve years ago. Learn the honest truth about diet and nutrition from a man whose own health crisis led him to discover the healing power contained in live food and later to establish Hallelujah Acres. This is a must-see presentation! Come and bring family and friends!
3) Featured Article: 'The Healing Process'
It has been said that 'health is wealth,' and if this is true (as we
believe it is), then most Americans are paupers, living with the deficits of sickness, pain, disease, and suffering human miseries that
leave them physically, emotionally, and financially bankrupt. Whereas the ravages of poor health are pervasive and painfully apparent, the reality of healing is equally true. Healing is a natural occurrance that looks to happen, if we will but engage the process.
How then does healing begin? How do we escape the ills that so easily beset us? In short, how can we be well again? Here are some thoughts to consider:
1) Believe that healing is possible. Many people, including Christians, do not believe in healing. Instead, they have relegated themselves to a sickness mentality that is largely promoted by family, friends, teachers, pastors, doctors, nurses, the media, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, organized government, etc. This fascination with sickness destroys lives, robbing people of any hope of healing by causing them to accept ill health as a way of life. Such a mindset is not only sick in itself but contrary to the word of YHVH that states, 'Beloved, I wish about all things that you may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers'- 3 John 2
2) Exercise faith for healing. Once you understand that healing is possible, start exercising faith to receive it. As you open up your spirit to receive the blessing of healing, your body will begin to restore itself. Strengthen your faith by spending time in the word. Read the gospels and be encouraged by the ministry of Yahshua Messiah when He walked in the earth. For the most part, He ministered healing wherever He went. What He did then, He can do now...and greater. Trust Him. He cannot fail. 'And He said unto her...your faith has made you whole; go in peace, and be whole of your plague'- Mark 5:34
3) Educate yourself on issues of diet. Let your health problems
be the inspiration toward finding the keys to a better quality of life. Examine your present diet and begin to realize that there is a definite connection between what you eat and how you feel. Therefore, eat to live instead of living to eat. Make your dietary choices count. Study the health risks associated with the Standard American Diet as opposed to the benefits of a live food diet. Realizing the difference between dead food and live food can be a life-changing experience. Understanding these differences will convince you to take better care of yourself. 'Wherefore do you spend money for that which is not bread? and your labor for that which satisfyeth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good,and let your soul delight itself in fatness'- Isaiah 55:2
4) Adopt a live food lifestyle. Begin your healing process by eating real food: raw fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and whole grains. Consider this change as the beginning of a new life for yourself. As you are faithful to feed your body the right food, your body will heal itself. This built-in, self-healing feature of the body is by YHVH's design. As you experience improvements in your health, be thankful for His care. Scripture says we are 'fearfully and wonderfully made' (Psalms ). There are many remarkable testimonies that attest to the healing power of living food. Be thankful for the food, but most of all thank the Healer.
5) Healing crises: what are they? The body is a marvelous machine that is designed to heal itself on a priority basis. Therefore, obvious health problems may not be the first issues addressed. The body knows where to begin its healing process, be it to repair a childhood injury, a past illness or a more recent problem. Suffice to say, correcting a life time of abuse to the body can and does take time. The body is not in a hurry. It will take however long for the body to 'clean house' and start over. Consider your healing process as a complete 'make-over' inside and out. In this process, it is not surprising to have times of discomfort or distress (pain, nausea, headaches, rashes, etc.) as the body repairs itself. Old health issues are sometimes revisited in order for full healing to take place. Be patient as your body realizes its healing.
6) Exercise your freedom to move. Once your body begins to heal, it will be more energetic and will want to MOVE. It will want to rise up and EXERCISE! Many who start the Hallelujah Diet wake early in the morning with an urge to jump up and move. Their bodies are hungry to exercise like never before. Suddenly, exercising is a love and not a chore. As the body heals, it will tell you what it needs. Proper exercise oxygenates cells, moves important body fluids, and lubricates joints. Give your body what it needs by rising up, going out for walks, breathing fresh air, and enjoying sunshine. Be kind to your body by letting it move freely. Proper exercise aids the healing process.
7) Let your healing help others. Health problems are never isolated. One person's suffering affects family, friends, etc. Therefore, let your healing process be the inspiration that ultimately helps those around you. As you begin to feel better, attitudes change and relationships can heal.
8) Be a healthy example for others. The world is full of suffering, so don't add to the SAD statistics. Instead, be an example of health and healing that will bring hope to others. Healing happens one person at a time. Let it start with you.
9) Be a help to others. Helping others in their time of physical need is a humbling experience. If you do not live a healthy life, however, do not expect to convince others of their need to make improvements in their lifestyles. Helping loved ones through dietary changes takes time and energy. Becoming part of someone else's healing process requires dedication, commitment, and usually perseverance. Applying principles of proper nutrition and exercise for the needy can be a full time job. In serious health crises, prepare for the long haul. Undoing years of unhealthy living does not happen overnight. Therefore, develop patience. Learn to love and forgive. Helping others heal is a worthwhile sacrifice that in the right time brings sweet rewards.
10) Be healed in your spirit. Physical healing most often begins in one's spirit. This understanding is rarely understood much less taught. Nevertheless, it is true. When our spiritual life is neglected, the health of the body is compromised. Spirits of depression, discouragement, bitterness, hatred, unforgiveness, etc cause negative reactions in the body, turning it into an acidic wasteland. An acid body brings on disease. Therefore, maintaining a healthy spiritual life is a good preventative to sickness and disease. Renew your spirit each day by cultivating a strong prayer life and study of the word. Keep humble before YHVH that He may teach you His ways. He will not fail those who trust in Him and obey His word.'Trust in YHVH with all your heart; and lean not upon your own understanding. In all your ways acknowlege Him, and He shall direct your paths'- Proverbs 3: 5,6;
My twelve years' experience as Health Minister has taught me many lessons, some of which have been painful. Nevertheless, I have learned to accept the fact that 1) not everyone wants to be healed, 2) some people don't know that they need healing, 3) healing is sometimes not what we think, 4) healing sometimes comes in unusual ways from unsuspecting sources, 5) not all who say that they want healing are willing to adopt a healthy lifestyle, and 6) some people like being sick. In the final analysis, life is indeed what we make it; and sad to say, many in life never realize what living is all about.
The mission of THE LIVING WAY is to teach principles of LIFE that are enduring and to encourage others onto the highway of health by personal example, if necessary, to prove the healing power of a live food lifestyle. No matter what, we cannot escape the fact that 'we are what we eat' and also that our 'actions speak louder than words.' When it comes to engaging the healing process, talk can be cheap, words can be empty, and promises can be broken. We believe life is too precious to sacrifice to the Standard American Diet, especially when one knows better. Accepting a substandard lifestyle does not heal the body. No amount of pharmaceuticals, chemical therapies or medical modalities can substitute for a natural, live food lifestyle.
Though adopting the Hallelujah Diet may seem radical to the uneducated, those who have dared to investigate issues of vibrant health know that there is no better way to live than YHVH's way. He Who made us does know best how to care for us. Should we, in our ignorance, arrogance or rebellion, question the wisdom of the Almighty? YHVH forbid! It is time to be thankful that YHVH in His mercy provided a way of escape for us from the ravages of sickness and pain...a way that is simple, easy, and delicious. A live food lifestyle is not punishment nor is it a deprivation for one's tastebuds or belly. YHVH never takes anything away without giving us something far better. Without a doubt, eating one's way to ultimate health is an experience of a lifetime that no one can take away from you. Therefore claim your healing today. You will be glad you did!
'O taste and see that YHVH is good!
Happy is the man who takes refuge in Him!'-
Why Christians Get Sick by Rev. George Malkmus, item #201R
God's Way to Ultimate Health by Rev. George Malkmus, item#202
The Hallelujah Diet by Rev. George Malkmus, item#215
The Hallelujah Diet- Workbook by Rev. George Malkmus, item#215W
Biblical Nutrition, nutrition study course by Dr. George Malkmus
available for free download at http://www.hacres.com/BN101
4) LIVING Resources
For many years we have encouraged pure, safe drinking
water as being an integral part of healthy living. The British
Berkefeld water purification systems are known to be the best
and most versatile in the world. These units can be used as
a safe solution for daily drinking water or in times of emergency
water source. The Berkey gravity-fed, filtration systems can
purify tap, pond, lake, etc. water for safe consumption. The
security of safe drinking water is worth consideration. For more
As many of you know, I am an artist by profession who has
painted for over thirty five years. After adopting the live food
'Hallelujah' diet, I decided to celebrate my new-found lifestyle
by incorporating 'raw' food into my portfolio.The results have
been colorful, fun, and inspiring. I never tire of my plant-based
subject matter. Consider perking up your life by investing in
some 'raw art' that is not only a feast for your eyes, but feeds
the spirit as well! Paintings and prints are available.
Healthy news sources
There are many excellent health news sources that offer a wide variety of information. We recommend that you consider subscribing to some of these free e-newsletters. A couple trusted sources are:
Hallelujah Acres Publications
Hallelujah Acres sends out a free bi- monthly magazine that is now called, The Hallelujah Diet News. George Malkmus, founder of Hallelujah Acres, also sends out a free, weekly e-newsletter, Hallelujah Acres Health Tip. Both publications are excellent sources of inspiring information. Subscribe by visiting
Articles worth noting:
Food raid in Ohio.
Fast food fallout... http://health.msn.com/nutrition/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100220333>1=31036
Old before their young.. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-sci-obesekids12-2008nov12%2C0%2C5880043.story
5) Buying tips and order info
Savings on hemp, oregano oil, raw snacks, and more
We are not wont to shop on-line, but recently I discovered an internet company that persuaded me otherwise. Vitacost.com offers better than wholesale prices on many top quality product lines including Nutiva (hemp), North American Herb and Spice Company (high quality oregano oil, etc.), and David Wolfe's SunFood raw snacks. The savings are substantial enough that I felt to pass along this tip. For surprising good values, visit http://www.vitacost.com
Hallelujah Acres products
If you are interested in purchasing Hallelujah Acres products, we encourage people to contact HA directly and order using our health ministry PIN# 407. Since we do not stock their full product line, it is easier and faster to purchase directly through HA. Kindly know that we appreciate your support of our ministry through your purchases. HA occasionally has specials on products and shipping. Quantity pricing is available through our ministry. Contact us for details.
If you want to purchase a juicer, dehydrator, VitaMix, etc., please order directly through us. Your order can be drop-shipped in a matter of days. Other materials and products exclusive of HA can be purchased from us by appointment. Call us to make arrangements. ________________________________________
6) LIVING Recipe: CauliSlaw
Raw cauliflower is one of my favorite foods. I am known to eat it
like an apple. Since I like cauliflower so much, I have invented ways to enjoy it, and this salad is one of my favorite ways. I like it the salad because it is light, fluffy, easy to make and eat. I make several variations, but I hope you like this one.
1 small head cauliflower
handful greens of choice
1 medium carrot, finely shredded
1/3 red bell pepper, finely sliced with a peeler or diced
1 small red onion or several scallions, finely chopped
1 ripe avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
fresh herb(s) of choice (rosemary, marjoram, dill, etc.)
1- 2 cups sprouted mung beans
1- 2 Tbsp dulse
Process cauliflower, greens, and carrot until finely chopped. Place in a mixing bowl and add red pepper, onion, sprouts, dulse, avocado, and finely chopped herb(s).Toss together and garnish with a few shakes of paprika.
Choose organic ingredients for optimum health! __________________________________________
This LIVING Letter comes to you in Messiah's love to encourage you toward achieving superior health. Healing of the whole man is the promise of our Heavenly Father. Begin now to receive your new life...naturally and spiritually. YHVH is able to do great and wondrous works, if we will but trust and obey Him. YHVH bless you!
For your excellent health and His glory,
Artist 'gone healthy!'